Sunday 18 May 2014

The Blue Tribe

I love to doing nail art. Seeing the result of my work is the best thing but doing the nails can be somewhat of a hassle. I'm a perfectionist so if the line isn't straight, I can get a tad bit annoyed and have  to quickly fix my mistake. Thank goodness the nail kit that my mom bought me. It contains tubes of nail polish that can be erased with water if it isn't dry. It's an absolute life saver.

Besides doing nail art on myself, I haven't done it many times on other people. So when my friend asked me to do her nails, I wanted them to be perfect. This resulted in me having to paint her nails for about 2 hours (don't worry, we had breaks in between) as I wanted her to love them. We got inspiration off of an Instagram photo but I also gave it my own twist.

WHAT I USED




O.P.I nail envy 
wet n wild // i need a refresh-mint
skyists // black
china glaze // white out
pearls
nail brush

THE RESULT




(All photos are mine. Please excuse the nail polish on her fingers as we forgot to clean them up before we took the pictures)

I love this colour/design and had so much painting my friend's nails. I hope to have more opportunities to paint nails for my friends in the future.

A special thank you to Jasmine for being an amazing nail model and for also sitting there for around two hours as I tried to make your nails look perfect.

Sincerely,



42 comments:

  1. Wow! You are quite skilled, so good!

    xoxo,
    http://petitemaisonoffashion.blogspot.com/ ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thank you for the wonderful comment! It means a lot

      Delete
  2. Hi darling! I love your work on your friend's nails!!! It is so adorable! loving the pearl details and the geometrical pattern :) I love doing nails too! It never looks really good on my left hand either lol so I always get very frustrated! but I love doing my friends and mom's nails. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your lovely comment. I'm following you on G+ and Bloglovin, I hope you follow me back.
    XOXO

    Milu
    www.hellolupi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow it looks amazing! Thanks for the nail art tip!(: xoxo <3
    www.fashionphases.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. loved your nails. they look super amazing
    xxx
    http://loadsof-joy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so cool! I should start being more creative with my nails. I mostly go pretty natural or plain :)
    Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog honey!
    Would you like to follow each other via GFC and Bloglovin? Let me know :)
    Dolce Kisses ♥

    www.dolcepetite.com
    Bloglovin | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic result, really love it!

    KARAMODE

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, so nice! Tribal is trending this spring, perfect!

    http://glamcicci.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this trend! Super excited about it!

      Delete
  8. I don't think I could ever have the patience to do my nails as detailed as yours.

    loyaltofashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes some time but it's all worth it in the end :)

      Delete
  9. That's really good I'm terrible with nail art I just don't have the patience ! x

    Now following your blog and would be so happy if you could visit my blog and follow me too if you like it of course x

    Tia

    www.bellezzababe.blogspot.co.uk
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3459552

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow! Practice makes perfect hahaha

      Delete
  10. You did a wonderful job! Looks so beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. you did an amazing job! love it :)

    http://only4feet9.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your nails came out beautifully!
    I should try this out someday. Thank you!!

    Visit My Blog Sometime xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. such a lovely manicure!
    Nameless Fashion Blog
    Could u please do me a big favour? Could you just click on this
    link ?
    I just need to drive some traffic there! Thanks anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohh, that looks fantastic. You did a great job =)

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful nail art. The pattern is so great. :)
    Thanks for your comment.
    Fashion Happenss

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for commenting on my blog! Super cute xx

    reallyliteral.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely nail art dear! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, care to follow each other?
    xx

    http://bffbestfootforward.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete